Welcome to the Kelowna Minor Football Association! KMFA operates flag and tackle football leagues from U10 to U18 for youth in the Central Okanagan. Football teaches cooperation and team work, confidence, social skills and respect for others. Football is a great form of exercise and it helps to improve and develop skills like throwing, catching, running, kicking, agility and coordination.
Kelowna Minor Football has a rich history serving the youth in Kelowna, West Kelowna and all surrounding communities with a positive and rewarding experience playing football.
Football is a fun and challenging sport; the game demands the best from each participant for the achievement of a common goal, while teaching physical, mental and social skills your child will benefit from in everyday life.
Recent updates to keep you in the loop.
Don’t just cheer, volunteer! KMFA would not exist without a variety of hardworking volunteers who lend their time as the Board of Directors, coordinators, coaches and managers, to name just a few roles. We are always looking for more help to support and grow minor football in the community for our kids. If you have talents and time to offer, experienced or not, please pitch in and lend a hand.
On game days, for both flag and tackle seasons, there are specific jobs that parents and caregivers can help with such as field set-ups, clean up, commissioner/play counter, and stick crew. Reach out to your child’s coach or manager to let us know how you would like to help. We are always grateful for the additional hands and this allows your child’s coaches to focus on preparing their team for play.
If you have other talents or great ideas that you think would benefit KMFA as a whole, please contact the Board of Directors and share with us. We are working hard to grow our football community for the kids and welcome fresh ideas.
- President- Matthew Williams email@example.com
- Vice President- Kimberly Giesbrecht firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer- Kendall James email@example.com
- Registrar- Lauren Walker firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary – Ceilidh Soroka email@example.com
- Director of Flag – Dean Kennedy firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Tackle – Bryan Thiessen email@example.com
- Director of Coaches – John Bishop firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of West Kelowna- TBD
- Director of Midget - Mike Wolthuizen
- Director of Flackle - Dan Bosma
The Purposes of the Society are:
- To promote and organize amateur minor football and to develop the highest possible standard of sportsmanship and citizenship for the youth participating in football;
- To maintain and increase interest in the game of football and to encourage healthy competition and good fellowship;
- To assist and support other existing minor football association groups and programs that are not at variance with the objects and aims of the Society.
- To promote and arrange matches and competitions of every nature and to offer, grant, and contribute towards prizes, awards and distinctions;
- To purchase and administer playing equipment and maintain the same in safe and reasonable condition;
- To ensure that the Society’s finances and properties are not misused or used for purposes at variance with the purposes of the Society; and
- To organize, educate and provide officials of every nature and kind whatsoever needed and used in connection with amateur football.